Sometime ago I was tagged to do this… so I’ve decided now is as good a time as any. Here goes – seven things I know about me:
1) I don’t speak any Indian language. I can direct a rickshaw and bargain down street shopowners but it’s obvious I went to a convent school and lived in a Christian colony.
2) I am faintly suicidal.
3) I quit smoking for love. I promised a guy I was seeing once that I would quit smoking when I was 25 – little realising that I would be turning 25 in a year and a half and I would end up marrying the guy
4) I love dim sum so much I don’t think I could live in a place where they aren’t readily available
5) I don’t feel human till I drink a cup of tea or coffee in the morning. And if someone tries to interupt me while I’m drinking that cup, they’re in serious trouble.
6) Lately chili has begun to take over my craving for nicotine. I add chili to everything. When I’m down I add more chili to my food. I swear I do not have a stomach lining left. However, my other craving is chocolate – so directly after torturing my tummy with chili, I rush to get some chocolate in me. It’s kind of bizarre to watch.
7) I used to run 10 km a day when I was in school. Now I can barely bring myself to walk five steps up an escalator.