Interrupting regular programming to point you all to this new awareness-building initiative by the people that were behind Child Sexual Abuse awareness month. Check it out, be inspired, and maybe do a post on your blogs.
I hope you all remember the April 2011 Child Sexual Abuse Awareness initiative. For October we are planning a similar initiative, on the topic of Violence Against Women.
We are cognizant of the fact that the subject of violence against woman is very vast and includes multiple aspects. To ensure that this awareness campaign is effective, we have limited our scope to the following aspects….
1. Domestic violence – Physical violence against the woman by husband/partner and other family members
2. Violence against girl child including deprivation
3. Sexual violence – including marital rape, date rape
4. Emotional/psychological abuse
5. Dowry related violence including Bride Burning
6. Female Infanticide
7. Acid attacks
As a member of the core team, I invite you to support and strengthen VAWM Oct 2011 as only you can. You can…
Keep up with our blog.
Write about it and send your blog post links or writeups to email@example.com (confidentiality and anonymity respected, as always).
Tweet about it – don’t forget to add http://twitter.com/#!/VAWMonth .
Join in the Facebook discussions.